Custom Search

Officially Unemployed


I just graduated and currently looking for a job. As a matter of fact, these past few days I searched for available positions, those related in Information Technology specifically Management of Information System and System Development, in jobsdb . The funny thing is during our thesis days I swear that I will never ever apply for a programmer position. I do not want to become like this:

... but after some thinking and evaluation I was challenged to be a programmer, to contribute my skills for a company and see how far it will take me. I am actually excited for our thesis. And now that I've made mention something about our thesis please do visit this site http://snuffles117projectscreenshots.blogspot.com/ to have a view of our thesis and let me know what you think ok??! The site by the way is another addition to my blogs wherein I post the screenshots of every project that I've been part of. I meant to write an overview of what these projects are but right now what you'll see on that site are pure screenshots and minimal texts. I will try to update it sooner.

So going back on my job hunting adventures, I sent my application to several companies, attended every interviews despite the burning heat in the metro, and right now I do have several pending applications. I've heard countless times already that job hunting is not an easy task. Now that I'm doing it, I can attest the difficulties. Some say that if its not for you then it's not. I disagree! There's no such thing as your destined job. You have to be prepared and alert on the interview and you have to pass the exams.

I hope that I could find a nice job that I will enjoy and impose new learnings. I do not want to end up like this man:

Labels:

Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Blogger mikster says:
Best of luck on the job hunt!
10:51 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous says:
Sometimes we have to endure a few boring, lackluster jobs until we discover what we really want to do!! Good Luck
1:46 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Battlerocker says:
Good luck with the hunt!
7:19 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous says:
I graduated 4 weeks ago. I landed a decent job, but am not making much...oh well.
11:57 AM GMT+8  
Blogger saraness says:
Thank you guys for wishing me luck on my job hunt. Actually, I've already found one. I just started last April 18. I'm working as a programmer/web designer. Well, I'm still in a stage of getting-used-to-the-working-environment. I don't know how long it'll take but I hope it will be sooner. :D

I miss school! Or maybe I just miss my friends and classmates.... :(
1:27 PM GMT+8