Custom Search

Strawberry on Shortcake





















Casts


Takizawa Hideaki –
Irie Manato
Fukada Kyoko – Misawa Yui
Kubozuka Yosuke –
Tetsuya/senpai
Uchiyama Rina –
Sawamura Haruka


Summary

At some point, Manato Irie (Hideaki Takizawa) began to withdraw himself from the world. Even when picked on, it's not the real Irie, but an act. However one day he meets a strange girl - Yui Misawa (Kyoko Fukada). Yui, who finds the tedium of everyday life unbearable, teases Manato with her almost too upfront and honest manner. Alone and afraid Manato wavers but finds himself drawn to her. But his feelings for Yui are doomed to be unrequited.



Comment


This is my first Japanese series and I'm not disappointed with it. As a matter of fact, I like it. It was an excellent piece of drama with good acting, strong script, and the extra-a message to send as well. The story is heartwarming, thought-provoking, and meaningful. It will lead you to think further and makes you reflect upon yourself. The actors were fitting for their role and they did a great job.

This series makes me reflect if I really know myself that well. Until now, I'm not sure yet of what the strawberry on the shortcake depicts. Ok let's put it this way:

If you were to eat your strawberry shortcake, will you eat the strawberry first or you'll save it and eat it last?


Well in my case, I will eat the shortcake first and save the strawberry for the last bite. Maybe this means that I'm like Sawamura and Manato after all and maybe this is also the reason why I didn't like Takizawa Hideaki in his role in this series.

Labels: , , ,

Sunday, October 23, 2005