Custom Search

Gone to the Long Home

I'll be going with my mom and dad to Bicol this Sunday to attend the last two day wake of my grandfather. The burial will be on Tuesday and as much as I wanted to attend the funeral, I can't because next week will be our last week before the final examination and there are just so many things to do.

My grandfather was once a soldier. He was one of the valiant compatriots who fought during the Japanese occupation. When I was still a kid, every morning he would usually took me on a stroll or made me memorize the 'Lupang Hinirang' or the 'Panatang Makabayan' that's why before I even set foot on school I already know the two.

My recollection of my grandfather is very limited and even though I haven't got the chance to reside with him for a very long period of time the thought of his passing away makes me sad and makes me reminisce the about the moment I had with him when I was still an innocent being and it makes me miss my childhood days, when I don't give a damn to what is happening around me. All I think of those days was candies, toys, and crayons.

...oh well, I guess the hardest part is having this feeling of regret since I wasn't able to nurse him.

Labels:

Saturday, October 01, 2005