Custom Search

Changing the World


When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn’t change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn’t change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.
~unknown monk 1100A.D



I found the above quote while wandering in the Internet. I really like it. I have the exact message of that quote only in the form of a poem at the back on one of my journals during high school. I hope that many people will reflect on that quote. Many of us are hoping for a good change but we often overlooked the things that have to be changed about ourselves. I myself is guilty as charged. Most of us complain over silly stuff, it may not really that silly but the point is have we taken the initiative to do something about it?! We made a habit of blaming others instead of working together for a solution. I know it’s kind of hard to do that but that’s what we should do.



Be the change you wish to see in the world
~Gandhi

Labels: , ,

Tuesday, August 04, 2009