Custom Search

Bidding Harry Potter Goodbye

I feel so great I was able to secure a copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows without making a reservation yet at the same time I kind of feel sad knowing that this is going to be the final book. Harry's adventures ends on this book. As I was reading it, I have this heavy feeling and I let my eyes linger on the words quite longer.


The two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane. For a second they stood quite still, wands directed at each other's chests; then, recognizing each other, they stowed their wands beneath their cloaks and started walking briskly in the same direction.


That's how the book started. The book is darker compared to the first six books but I love it. I just don’t think children should read it. Will Harry defeat his nemesis Lord Voldemort and die in the process? I still have to find out. I’m restraining myself from reading the Epilogue.

Another thing that made me emotional was JK. Rowling’s dedication. It goes like this:

The dedication of this book is split seven ways: To neil, to Jessica, to David, to Kenzee, to Di, to Anne, and to YOU, if you have stuck with Harry until the very end.

I was so moved with her dedication. Or maybe I just feel sad knowing that it was JK's way of saying goodbye and expressing her gratitude to those who really stick with Harry.

There are so many wonderful and childish memories that I held while hanging out with Harry. I started reading it when I was still in high school when it was introduced to us by Ace and since then you'll find us talking nonstop about Harry and what will happen on the next book. Believe me, we even suspected Dumbledore to be an enemy. In between classes or during breaks we would go to the staircase and play a game with Ace acting the quiz master. It's a race going to the top. Whoever answers correctly will have to take a step higher. The questions vary from the name of the spells, books, professors, and believe me, even candies mentioned in the book. We don't have a price to the winner but we enjoyed it nevertheless. Remembering these details, makes me feel excited to meet my friends later to watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Yes, I haven't watched it though some of my college friends were asking me to go with them last week, I said no. Well, it's not that I don't want to go with them, it's just I'm used to being with my high school friends when I watch a Potter film.
Sunday, July 22, 2007